Pantone’s Color of the Year is a symbolic screenshot of what we see happening both nationally and globally and this year they’ve chosen Greenery.
Greenery is a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew. Illustrative of flourishing foliage and the lushness of the great outdoors, the fortifying attributes of Greenery signals consumers to take a deep breath, oxygenate and reinvigorate.
We thought we’d put together a few ideas of how you can incorporate this beautiful and earthy vibe to your special day:
- Stationery – A touch of Greenery would be lovely on your invitations, menus, place cards and more to give off a fresh, energetic vibe. (Image courtesy of Wedding Paper Divas)
- Florals & Greens – Play up the foliage around the table or on the couples chairs. Draping greenery anywhere can bring an entirely new whimsical vibe.
- Wall Decor – Much like the outdoor reception decor, you can bring a touch of greenery to bare walls or the ceremony site with beautiful and easy handmade wreaths!
- The Desserts – Less is more here. Adding a touch of greenery to a simple white cake can give it the earthy and fresh feel to tie in your theme. It makes things interesting!
- Attire – Incorporating Greenery into small attire details – like your groomsmen’s socks and pocket squares or the bride’s flower crown (ivy crown in this case) – is a fun way to add an unexpected splash of color.
- The Bouquet – If you’re looking for bouquet arrangements that are more unusual and unexpected, consider going green. Plus greenery and foliage will always be more affordable than fresh flowers.